Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin managed to anger both gun-rights and LGBTQ-rights activists late Friday with two separate actions. In a rare blow to the National Rifle Association, Fallin vetoed a bill that would have loosened gun laws in the conservative state. Had it passed, SB 1212 would have allowed gun owners to carry a firearm — either open or concealed, loaded or unloaded — without a state license or permit. About a dozen states have passed similar so-called "constitutional carry" laws. In a...
The StoryCorps mobile booth was in Oklahoma City in early 2018, and we're bringing you some of the stories that were recorded here. Locally recorded stories will air Wednesdays during Morning Edition and All Things Considered on KOSU. For much of her adult life, Jennifer Mack has had two primary roles, as a single mother and as a member of the military. She and her daughter Whitney Cotten came to the StoryCorps mobile booth in Oklahoma City to talk about how sometimes those roles have...
Latest News From NPR
- Fatal Pedestrian Crashes Increasingly Involve SUVs, Study Finds
- Australia's 'Man With The Golden Arm' Retires After Saving 2.4 Million Babies
- White House Adviser Jared Kushner Pushes Prison Reform Bill Forward
- Trump Administration's 3 Biggest Ideas For Lowering Drug Prices
- Months After Election, Italy's Populist Parties Seek More Time To Negotiate Coalition
Enter before midnight on Thursday, May 31, 2018 for a chance to win tickets to see Gillian Welch in concert on Friday, August 24, 2018 at Tower Theatre in Oklahoma City. Winners will be notified by email within a few days after the entry window closes. Official KOSU giveaway rules can be found here . Good luck! Loading... You can buy tickets to the concert here .
Latest News From StateImpact Oklahoma
- Oklahoma High School Student Makes Scientific Discovery By Questioning Common Knowledge
- Gov. Considering Bill That Removes State Hurdles To Carrying Guns In Public
- Senate Sends Teen Life Without Parole Sentencing Bill To Governor
- Key Questions And Answers On SQ 788, Oklahoma’s Vote On Medical Marijuana
- In Oklahoma, Critics Say Pruitt Stalled Pollution Case After Taking Industry Funds